8.26.2010

im so sick of selling my life like lemonade
to worthless people who just steal my dreams
they pick me and then throw me away
thinking they've just done what's best for them

I'm sitting in my paper cup
with a little bit of the cold ice of life
freezing off my fingertips
I've been waiting for the right one
you, the one I've never met
won't you please introduce yourself
we would talk and laugh
everything would be so simple
but you never come- we've never met---

In my paper cup
I'm all alone for now
maybe this is the one
maybe not
maybe no
it's just a litle tiny seed of hope
sour tangy lemon hope
and me myself and I
I had lemons
I made lemonade
one squirted in my eye
I cried

my paper cup
my only place of refuge
I look at what I've been through
what I've left behind
so far
so far
it's crumpled up
used more than once
you think I'll ever have enough to change my way
of coping with this mess?
not while I'm in my paper cup

No comments:

Post a Comment